Slow Balboa Weekend
Trainer – Anni & Gašper
Anni Skoglund (Sweden) and Gašper Hrovat (Slovenia) is an inspiring dance couple. Their style is playful, passionate and smooth. They share the love for the dance as their form of communication through rhythm, melody and harmony. To them it is the awareness of one another that make the couple dance so magic.
From a young age both of them danced several styles before getting into authentic jazz dances. Anni’s background lays in Swedish folk-dance, waltz and fox-trot, meanwhile Gašper’s in popular 90’s Street dances. Eventually swing dance came across and met them in Herräng Dance Camp.
Now – performing, teaching and lecturing about swing dances, at home and abroad, has seen them as evolve into a couple that has won competitions with their vibrant style and superfast feet. But above all, social dance is their thing.
- Early Bird until February 1st, 2023
- 55 Euros for Slow Balboa Basics on Friday – 3 hours of classes; Regular Price from February 2nd: 60 Euro
- 155 Euro for Continuation Class on Saturday&Sunday – 8h hours of classes (4 h on Saturday, 4h on Sunday) with breaks. In the interest of all participants, only attendance of the entire weekend (Saturday & Sunday) in this level is possible (no individual days). Regular Price from February 2nd: 160 Euro
- “Pay what you can” for the Balboa Party with DJ Gašper on Saturday. There is no set party entry fee, everyone can give as much as they can. Those who just want to attend the party can simply come. There will be slow and fast music at the party.
Friday: Basic Class / Fundamentals Of Slowbal
- No absolute swing dance beginners
- You should have solid basics and experience (classes, workshops and social dancing) in other swing dances like Balboa, Lindy Hop, Blues, West Coast Swing,…
- You are familiar with the concept of Lead & Follow and are open to change partners in the class
- Mind that this is a couple dance in close position. We strongly recommend you to avoid all kind of strong perfumes and sport deodorant on your body and hair. Be a pleasant partner to dance with and bring an extra t-shirt to change for a sweaty one.
- Having shoes with leather or suede underneath soles will help you to pivot and glide though the floor easily. Be kind to your joints and avoid shoes with rubber soles that create frictions with a floor.
Saturday & Sunday: Continuation Class
- You already have experience in dancing Slow Balboa, also in 6 count variation or
- Have at least attended the Friday Basics Workshop and fulfill the requirements for the Basics Workshop
Dynamics & Flow (topic for Saturday)
Creativity & Styling (topic for Sunday)
- There are limited spots at the Slow Balboa Weekend
- Individual registrations are possible, the partners will then be assigned by us in the order of registrations.
- We assume that it will be possible to change partners during the weekend. If you have registered individually and it is unlikely that you will be able to change partners, you will dance the whole weekend with your assigned partner.
- At the moment there are no official Corona rules for events like this. However, this could change (hopefully not!). The weekend will take place in Augsburg (03. – 05. March 2023) according to the official rules in force here at that time for the event. We also reserve the right to introduce our own rules, such as compulsory testing (or similar), should this be necessary to ensure the safest possible event for all. Official changes or changes introduced by us do not result in a right of return. Refunds will be given if the event cannot take place.
Registration is open
You can register for the Slow Balboa Weekend directly here, click on “Weitere Infos und Anmeldung” meaning “More info and registration” >> in the registration area below. Unfortunately this registration system is in German language. Please contact us at [email protected], if you have any questions or problems.
Early bird until February 1st, 2023.
19.15 – 22.30 Basics – Fundamentals of Slow Balboa (incl. 15 minutes break)
22.30 – 23.30 The bar will be open after the workshop and there will be SlowBal music to practice after the class.
11.00-13.30 Slow Balboa – Continuation Class / Dynamics & Flow
15.00-16.30 Slow Balboa – Continuation Class / Dynamics & Flow
20.30-00.30 Balboa Party with DJ Gašper on Saturday evening! Fast and Slow Music! Special Guest: Jackomo Swing (live)
11.00-13.30 Slow Balboa – Continuation Class / Creativity & Styling
15.00-16.30 Slow Balboa – Continuation Class / Creativity & Styling
Registration Slow Balboa Weekend
Leider bieten wir aktuell keine entsprechenden Kurse an.
Dance with us!
On Saturday Evening, all Balboa fans have the opportunity to dance with us at our Balboa Party with DJ Gašper and Special Guests: Jackomo Swing (live)! The music will be slow and fast! No pre-registration is necessary for the party. There will be a “Pay what you can” donation box at the entrance.