Friday: Basic Class / Fundamentals Of Slowbal
On this day you will be getting to know your teachers for the weekend. They will share their knowledge and concept of dancing Slowbal, origins of the dance, its steps, moves, music and flow. It is a great opportunity for anybody who would like to learn Slowbal. If you already know how to dance Slowbal, then think of this as a great opportunity to refresh memory, and practise and at the same time help new dancers to progress faster.
- No absolute swing dance beginners
- You should have solid basics and experience (classes, workshops and social dancing) in other swing dances like Balboa, Lindy Hop, Blues, West Coast Swing,…
- You are familiar with the concept of Lead & Follow and are open to change partners in the class
- Mind that this is a couple dance in close position. We strongly recommend you to avoid all kind of strong perfumes and sport deodorant on your body and hair. Be a pleasant partner to dance with and bring an extra t-shirt to change for a sweaty one.
- Having shoes with leather or suede underneath soles will help you to pivot and glide though the floor easily. Be kind to your joints and avoid shoes with rubber soles that create frictions with a floor.
Saturday & Sunday: Continuation Class
- You already have experience in dancing Slow Balboa, also in 6 count variation or
- Have at least attended the Friday Basics Workshop and fulfill the requirements for the Basics Workshop
Dynamics & Flow (topic for Saturday)
Expand your Slowbal repertoire upon fundamentals and become more playful with counterbalance, clear transitions, pivoting and changing tones in connection.
Please mind that in Continuation Class teachers expect you to know Slowbal basics, also in 6 count variation.
Creativity & Styling (topic for Sunday)
At this point your teachers might challenge you with ideas, topics and games, that are outside your comfort zone. Be ready, it is time to play!
- There are limited spots at the Slow Balboa Weekend
- Individual registrations are possible, the partners will then be assigned by us in the order of registrations.
Registration opens October 11th!
Early bird until January 17th, 2024.
You can register for the Slow Balboa Weekend directly here, click on “Weitere Infos und Anmeldung” meaning “More info and registration” >> in the registration area below. Unfortunately this registration system is in German language. Please contact us at [email protected], if you have any questions or problems. Please also write your dance role in the comments, if you want to dance as female leader or male follower. Both is possible, of course. And we are working on a less old school registration system.