- Early Bird until February 1st, 2023
- 55 Euros for Slow Balboa Basics on Friday – 3 hours of classes; Regular Price from February 2nd: 60 Euro
- 155 Euro for Continuation Class on Saturday&Sunday – 8h hours of classes (4 h on Saturday, 4h on Sunday) with breaks. In the interest of all participants, only attendance of the entire weekend (Saturday & Sunday) in this level is possible (no individual days). Regular Price from February 2nd: 160 Euro
- “Pay what you can” for the Balboa Party with DJ Gašper on Saturday. There is no set party entry fee, everyone can give as much as they can. Those who just want to attend the party can simply come. There will be slow and fast music at the party.
Friday: Basic Class / Fundamentals Of Slowbal
On this day you will be getting to know your teachers for the weekend. They will share their knowledge and concept of dancing Slowbal, origins of the dance, its steps, moves, music and flow. It is a great opportunity for anybody who would like to learn Slowbal. If you already know how to dance Slowbal, then think of this as a great opportunity to refresh memory, and practise and at the same time help new dancers to progress faster.
- No absolute swing dance beginners
- You should have solid basics and experience (classes, workshops and social dancing) in other swing dances like Balboa, Lindy Hop, Blues, West Coast Swing,…
- You are familiar with the concept of Lead & Follow and are open to change partners in the class
- Mind that this is a couple dance in close position. We strongly recommend you to avoid all kind of strong perfumes and sport deodorant on your body and hair. Be a pleasant partner to dance with and bring an extra t-shirt to change for a sweaty one.
- Having shoes with leather or suede underneath soles will help you to pivot and glide though the floor easily. Be kind to your joints and avoid shoes with rubber soles that create frictions with a floor.
Saturday & Sunday: Continuation Class
- You already have experience in dancing Slow Balboa, also in 6 count variation or
- Have at least attended the Friday Basics Workshop and fulfill the requirements for the Basics Workshop
Dynamics & Flow (topic for Saturday)
Expand your Slowbal repertoire upon fundamentals and become more playful with counterbalance, clear transitions, pivoting and changing tones in connection.
Please mind that in Continuation Class teachers expect you to know Slowbal basics, also in 6 count variation.
Creativity & Styling (topic for Sunday)
At this point your teachers might challenge you with ideas, topics and games, that are outside your comfort zone. Be ready, it is time to play!
- There are limited spots at the Slow Balboa Weekend
- Individual registrations are possible, the partners will then be assigned by us in the order of registrations.
- We assume that it will be possible to change partners during the weekend. If you have registered individually and it is unlikely that you will be able to change partners, you will dance the whole weekend with your assigned partner.
- At the moment there are no official Corona rules for events like this. However, this could change (hopefully not!). The weekend will take place in Augsburg (03. – 05. March 2023) according to the official rules in force here at that time for the event. We also reserve the right to introduce our own rules, such as compulsory testing (or similar), should this be necessary to ensure the safest possible event for all. Official changes or changes introduced by us do not result in a right of return. Refunds will be given if the event cannot take place.
Registration is open
You can register for the Slow Balboa Weekend directly here, click on “Weitere Infos und Anmeldung” meaning “More info and registration” >> in the registration area below. Unfortunately this registration system is in German language. Please contact us at [email protected], if you have any questions or problems.
Early bird until February 1st, 2023.